What should I discuss with my doctor if I want to start orthomolecular medicine?

Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice
In brief: Knowledge?
It is important to work with a doctor who understands orthomolecular medicine.
Many medical schools do not provide specific training in it. Many doctors have taken courses after medical school and have much knowledge in this area.

In brief: Knowledge?
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Co-ordinate care
If your regular doctor does not practice orthomolecular medicine explain that you plan to try it.
It is best to work with a doc who has special training in this area. In general, orthomolecular medicine will not interfere with conventional treatments but over time may make pharmaceuticals less necessary. If you are on meds your current md & new md should communicate, esp. If meds are changed.

In brief: Co-ordinate care
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker