What is the chinese medicine procedure where things are scraped across your skin?

Gua Sha. The chinese medical practice of providing repeated pressure strokes over the skin typically using a smooth edge is called gua sha. It is used to treat numerous ailments such as fever, fatigue, headache, musculoskeletal injuries, cough, digestive disorders, and more. It is also commonly referred to as "spooning" or "coining". I spent a month in china and witnessed many alternative therapies.
Gua Sha. Gua sha is often practiced by acupuncturists. Although i was trained using a chinese spoon for scraping - the traditional buffalo horn tools are superior. You need strong hands to be effective in performing gua sha. I use traumeel as the lubricant. It is superb for breaking down trigger or ashi points. Although it can be painful - it is actually a pain that feels good. My patients love it.