What is involved in the initial visit for acupuncture?

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Holistic Medicine

In brief: History exam treatm

History, physical exam of the pulse, tongue, and other medical exam;determining the "diagnoses", which in chinese med is called imbalances, excesses and deficiencies.
I usually take very extensive history, which includes:personal history, family history, eating, sleeping , bowel habits, likes, dislikes, ...Review old blood or other reports, .I apply acup together with other healing modalities.

In brief: History exam treatm

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Dr. Siranush Cholakian

In brief: That depends

Different practioners do it differently.
I do an intake in which we localize and characterize pain, try to determine the person's biopsychotype, evaluate 5 phases and determine what the person wants help for. In addition to examinations normally done there may be examination of the pulses, the tongue and body heat over different parts of the abdomen. We educate about how acpuncuture works.

In brief: That depends