Is biofeedback a safe alternative to my medicines for generalized anxiety disorder?

Dr. Pejman Katiraei
Holistic Medicine
Biofeedback is a great modality and is very safe.
It can help with anxiety disorder and should be used. What some people don't realize is that anxiety can also be due to an immune imbalance due to diet/microbes in the gut. If you have constipation, diarrhea, or any GI symptoms, you must first address your intestines, otherwise the biofeedback will not work well.

Dr. Pejman Katiraei
Dr. Pejman Katiraei
2 comments
Dr. Cecilia Alailima
Several types of biofeedback are very effective for anxiety: heart rate variability, EEG-biofeedback (neurofeedback), galvanic skin resistance, breath control and finger temperature are all impacted by anxiety, and have all been used as effective measures to help train down anxiety without addictive medication. See your doctor to rule out thyroid, nutrient, heart and lung problems also.
Dr. Bob Stewart
Find qualified biofeedback therapists at www.bcia.org and at www.aapb.org.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
I would definitely try it and read a book on " mindfulness".
It will be very helpful.

It will be very helpful.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine