How well can neural therapy help with fibromyalgia?

Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Unusual
Neural therapy with procaine injections into areas of scar, or oral structures, is a rare treatment, occasionally helpful after surgery.
Fibromyalgia is rare in someone your age. It should be treated with exercise prescription, management of sleep and depression and bowel complaints, and prohibition of smoking. If your are otherwise healthy, but suffering widespread muscle pain, seek testing.

In brief: Unusual
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Dr. Ron Jones
In brief: Unclear
I think that in order for any of us to give you an accurate answer you should re-sumit your question and be more specific about "neural treatment".

In brief: Unclear
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Jones, Neural Therapy is not well-known in the US but is widely used in Europe, particularly Germany where it originated. However, many physicians in the US to practice it. While sometimes it seems to make little difference, many of my patients have experienced remarkable improvements following neural therapy. For more information see www.naturalworldhealing.com/index_files/neural-therapy-1.pdf and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_therapy and http://www.drbuscher.com/therapies-offered/neural-therapy
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Sometimes quite well
Neural therapy will not necessarily help everyone with fibromyalgia, but if someone has scar tissue creating "interference fields" it may be extremely helpful in reducing pain and improving function.
Like many alternative therapies, there is little research demonstrating its effectiveness, but it is very safe and I have seen many patients have remarkable benefit from neural therapy.

In brief: Sometimes quite well
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker