How effective is natural hormone replacement in fibromyalgia?

Dr. Steven Ferguson
General Practice
In brief: Possibility of good
When you check the saliva test of a patient with fibromyalgia, you often find several deficiencies.
Treat what you find to be deficient and the possibility of good results is high.

In brief: Possibility of good
Dr. Steven Ferguson
Dr. Steven Ferguson
Dr. Kevin Considine
In brief: Possibly
It all depends on whether or not there is a hormone deficiency of some kind to begin with.
And if so, it could be helpful especially to one's energy levels or sense of well being. This would be especially useful around perimenopause and menopause as well if one has fibromyalgia.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Ron Jones
In brief: Separate issues
I treat hormone replacement issues in males and females if the meet the criteria and need.
If hormonal studies are normal, I do not use hormones as a specific treatment for fibromyalgia. While hormone abnormalities may magnify symptoms of fibromyalgia, they are not considered a direct cause or a specific treatment for that condition.

In brief: Separate issues
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones