Can you use music theory to help recover from alcohol addiction?

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
In brief: Music Therapy
Music therapy have been shown to alter brain wave patterns.
To summarize its effects, a calming type of music may assist in recovery and healing. What will be most important is to identify the cause of addiction. Any treatment without recognizing and eliminating the cause would be futile.

In brief: Music Therapy
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Kevin Considine
In brief: Depends
I think that you are referring to music therapy(not theory ;-) ) to redirect patient's moods, am i right? If so, then i suppose music therapy may help to calm and refocus someone and therefore may play a small helpful role in recovery from alcohol addicition but it would not be a substitute in of itself from a structured alcohol recovery program. It would be an adjunct in treatment only.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Eric Weisman