Can oxygen therapy help with end of life care for someone with chronic kidney disease?

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

Oxygen therapy will not change the end of life situation or chronic kidney disease.
However the oxygen will provide comfort to a person at that stage of their life.

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: Yes As long as awake

I would suggest oxygen for the patient with chronic kidney disease as long as they are aware of those around and able to have a recognition and awareness of those around them. Once they get to the point where they are no longer aware or able to communicate with those around them, imho oxygen only prolongs the transition to death and doesn't serve the person.

In brief: Yes As long as awake

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Adam Smith