Can I use belleric myrobalan as a body cleanse or detox?

Dr. George Valdez
In brief: No
There is no fda regulation for safety and quality control, can have serious side effects.

In brief: No
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Randy Baker
I am not denying that herbs can have side effects. However, re: FDA regulation, approximately 100,000 people in the US die each year from toxicity or overdose of FDA-approved pharmaceuticals. In the past 2 years there has not been one single death reported in the US from the use of herbs.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Yes, as triphala
Belleric myrobalan is one of 3 fruits that make up the classic ayurvedic formula triphala, widely & safely used as a tonic & detoxifier for thousands of years.
Research on the other 2 components, amla & haritaki, is much more extensive, with relatively little research on belleric myrobalan alone, but there is much research on triphala. I would not advise using it by itself but as part of triphala.

In brief: Yes, as triphala
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker