Can acupuncture help with stroke rehab?

Dr. Keith Rafal
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Although research ha
Although some research and case reports have demonstrated some positive results in some patients, there have not been any large definitive study that has been attempted to answer this question.
Unlike in the US, in China often include acupuncture is included as part of the early treatment along with other disciplines and interventions.

In brief: Although research ha
Dr. Keith Rafal
Dr. Keith Rafal
Dr. Jeremy E Kaslow
In brief: Sometimes helps
Early intervention is the most important consideration.
Acupuncture results are very dependent on the performing practitioner. I would not use acupuncture alone in a stroke patient - include oxygen therapy, electromedical stimulation, and address the underlying cause. In our practice, near resolution of minor strokes is the rule and not the exception. Massive strokes are much more difficult.

In brief: Sometimes helps
Dr. Jeremy E Kaslow
Dr. Jeremy E Kaslow