After having acupuncture for a shoulder problem my left inner shin keeps getting really hot, any ideas why?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Ask acupuncturist

Interesting. This may be a coincidence, but everything in our bodies is connected.
Neural therapy was discovered when an injection of novocaine into an itchy scar on a patient's left leg instantly cured her chronic right shoulder pain. Acupuncture meridians can extend from the upper body to the lower body. This would be a good question to ask your acupuncture practitioner.Let us know their answer!

In brief: Ask acupuncturist

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker

In brief: Not sure.

I don't know why acupuncture would cause that to occur. There can be reactions at sites quite distant to where the needles are placed but it would not normally be a "gift that keeps on giving".
I have no explanation.

In brief: Not sure.

I have no explanation.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: May not be anything

I doubt there is a connection, however, if you had a needle placed in the shin that is bothering you, there may be some nerve irritation in that area.
Look and see if there is any redness, swelling of the area in question that may give you a clue for a potential skin infection. Try a cold compress to begin with.

In brief: May not be anything

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine