How can I tell if i've ruptured my spleen?

Dr. Thomas Klein
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Abdominal pain

Abdominal pain would be severe.
Anemia can show up on a blood test. The capsule surrounding the spleen maybe torn and some symptoms and even blood tests may not reveal a classic full blown picture. Get checked if you are concerned.

In brief: Abdominal pain

Abdominal pain would be severe.
Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: CT Emergency room

Generally, a ruptured spleen is from a significant injury to the left upper part of the abdomen or the ribcage just above that (eg.
Car crash) mononucleosis or other problem enlarging the spleen can make splenic rupture more likely. Symptoms can include pain in the left upper abdomen, left side of chest, or even referred left shoulder pain. Diagnosis is usually a ct scan generally in er setting.

In brief: CT Emergency room

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala