What are normal results for a liver biopsy?

Liver biopsy. Abnormalities seen in liver biopsies might include: inflammation, fibrosis, changes in the portal (biliary) tracts, abnormal infiltrates (tumor or granulomas), presence of fat, changes in the hepatocytes, evidence of infection, storage disease or abnormal accumulations (eg iron overload), and vascular abnormalities to name a few. A completely normal liver biopsy shows none of the above!
Normal! You want the biopsy to read" normal architecture, hepatic cell appearance, no steatosid or fatty infiltration and normal blood vessel appearance, without inflammation or infiltrative process.