Could I have the postpartum depression five months after my delivery?

Dr. David Fein
Preventive Medicine

Post-partum depression can occur up to a year after delivery.
Please do not hesitate to talk to your ob/gyn or primary care doctor if you think that symptoms of depression are starting to affect your health and well-being.

Dr. David Fein
Dr. David Fein
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology

Postpartum depression can present anytime in the first year. It is most common to begin within the first 3 to 4 months.
However it can begin later in the first year, particularly with changes like abruptly stopping nursing, beginning of birth control pills, etc. If you suspect you may have ppd, contact your dr. And seek help from a mental health specialist with expertise in treating it.

Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Jane Van Dis