Should I be concerned about a high alkaline phosphatase level?

Yes. Alkaline phosphatase is primarily used to screen for problems with the liver-gallbladder and bone. A high level can indicate problems with either area. You need to discuss this in detail with whatever physician ordered the test.
Needs evaluation. Alkaline phosphatase is produced by many tissues, including bone and the biliary system. A high alkaline phosphatase can be an indicator of bone disorders or liver/gall bladder/pancreatic diseases and should be evaluated. In some cases of mild elevation, no problem is found.