If the whites of your eyes turn dark yellow, what does it mean?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Liver disease
Yellow sclera (the whites of your eyes) is called icterus which is an eye-specific form of jaundice.
Jaundice is a result of elevated bilirubin which is caused by either liver disease or blockage of the hepato-biliary system (gallbladder, common bile duct, liver, and hepatic ducts). There are many causes of this. You should get it checked out by your doctor.

In brief: Liver disease
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Icterus
Yellowing of the whites of the eyes could be a sign of significant liver disease.
I would recommend going to see your regular doctor for evaluation.

In brief: Icterus
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Arnon Rubin