How can you lower your sgpt and sgot levels?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Liver or muscle ?

If you are taking cholesterol pills .
..Lower the dose or stop them, and recheck levels. Otherwise the most common cause is prob. "fatty liver" ( in even mild overweight, in diabetics or metabolic syndrome) if the numbers are less than 100 and you have had them for several weeks or months. A liver ultrasound will confirm it. There is no proven treatment. Get tested for hepatitis a, b and c. Muscle?

In brief: Liver or muscle ?

If you are taking cholesterol pills .
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Address the reason

Stgp (= alt = alanine aminotransferase) & SGOT (=ast =aspartate aminotransferase), are commonly elevated in liver disease (sometimes muscle disease or other).
If high, this suggests liver injury and it is important to treat underlying reasons. I tell my patients to stop alcohol and nutritional supplements as first step in finding out the reason for the elevation. Further workup may be needed.

In brief: Address the reason

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: NAC

To bring down liver enzymes use nac, milk thistle, b vitamins, co-q 10 - check enzymes every month and adjust dosage.

In brief: NAC

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Adam Smith