Afetr you have had a timmy tuck, how will the fluid be removed from the abdomen?

Dr. Timothy King
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Drains
Many plastic surgeons will place 1 or 2 drains to remove the fluid from the abdomen.
A drain is a small plastic tube connected to a container to collect the fluid. The container usually creates some suction to pull the fluid out.

In brief: Drains
Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Drains
I routinely use drains for my abdominoplasty surgeries.
Some surgeons have been moving away from drains but to me they are a simple solution to what could amount to a difficult problem.

In brief: Drains
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Surgery - Trauma
In brief: No change
Same as before the surgery if your are talking about paracenthesis (Denver/Laveen Shunt).
Why would one do a tummy tuck on someone that needs paracenthesis.

In brief: No change
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Drainage
Fluid after tummy tuck surgery is often accomplished with drains placed at the time of surgery.
Several techniques are also utilized to decrease the drainage. Once the drains are removed, a fine needle can be used to drain any remaining fluid if needed. Sometimes this is unavoidable. However a conscientious surgeon will always do what is needed to speed up your recovery.

In brief: Drainage
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Tito Vasquez