What are the ideal results of minimally invasive heart surgery?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Same outcome
To me, the best outcome of minimally invasive heart surgery would be similar outcome as compared to the regular old invasive heart surgery with hopefully less trauma and quicker recovery.
This type of a result is usually only accomplished in very experienced centers with operators that do this kind of surgery on a regular basis.

In brief: Same outcome
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
In brief: Perfection
Cure of the condition with minimal risk mitral repair or replacement is the prototype.
The operation needs to be successful in the short and long term. The added risks of restricted access, multiple alternative cannulations, and those related complications of sites and infections and pseudoaneurysms must be less than a long standardized.

In brief: Perfection
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery