What are some of the goals of minimally invasive heart surgery?

Several. First of all minimally invasive heart surgery means different things to different people. Beating heart surgery avoids heart lung machine maybe reduces strokes and blood transfusions. Avoiding breaking the breast bone can allow for faster recovery and better cosmetic results. View of mitral valve is actually better thru right side incision.
Already Answered. Please refer to my earlier answer to the question "goals of minimally invasive surgery", the goals are overall the same for most minimally invasive surgery including heart surgery.