What scientific evidence is there that the heart valve is a tissue?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Histology

Histology is the scientific study of cell and tissues and the raw data comes from gross, microscopic (light and electron), and immunochemical examination.
Heart valves are tissues just like virtually all structures are in living organisms. (trust me!).

In brief: Histology

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Michael Fenster
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Histological

The components that comprise a normal heart valve have been examined extensively and histologically identified.
The components which make up the heart valve are consistent with the definition of what constitutes a type of tissue.

In brief: Histological

Dr. Michael Fenster
Dr. Michael Fenster
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology