I have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. What are my options?

Dr. Charles Jost
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: See Below
Depending on the thickness of the heart and the symptoms, such as syncope, or the family history, the patient may need to be treated medically with beta blockers or may need a myomectomy which is taking a piece of the heart muscle to make it less thick, or may require an aicd - automated implanted cardio-verter defibrillator.
It is the most frequent congenital defect related to the heart.

In brief: See Below
Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Depends
Depends on the severity based on echo, your symptoms, and your family history.
If you have malignant arrhythmias or fh of unexpected death, you need close observation and possibly an icd. Otherwise, if you have mild symptoms, meds will suffice. If you have none of the above, you just need regular checkups with no treatment.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner