What is the difference between postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and general anxiety disorder?

Dr. Bart Denys
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Orthostatism

Well... Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome has an origin in the autonomic nervous system and is unrelated to anxiety.
A general anxiety disorder is not a cause of orthostatic tachycardia.The two entities while unrelated can theoretically coexist in the same individual.

In brief: Orthostatism

Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Marion Dunn

In brief: General anxiety

Hello, general anxiety may be a nidus that may worsen tis particular condition and need further continued treatment.
Many times people simply forget to breathe in and out when they panic. However, this is not my specialty.

In brief: General anxiety

Dr. Marion Dunn
Dr. Marion Dunn