My white cell count is very low and I have pericarditis. What can I expect?

Dr. Nassir Azimi
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: It should resolve

Pericarditis is usually a self limitting inflammation of the enveolpe around the heart.
It usually resolves with anti-inflammatory medications.

In brief: It should resolve

Dr. Nassir Azimi
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Dr. Bart Denys
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Pericarditis

Inflammation of the heart sack (pericardium) associated with low white blood cells is suggestive of a viral pericarditis, the most common cause and a lot more benign than a bacterial infection :-) i presume your physician is treating you with anti-inflammatory drugs.
Most instances of viral pericarditis resolve within weeks with no sequellae. Disclaimer: based on incomplete info ..

In brief: Pericarditis

Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bart Denys