What is too low for blood pressure?

Dr. Bart Denys
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Low blood pressure
The definition of too low a blood pressure is 1.
Non-hypertensive (<120/80) and 2. Symptomatic. In other words, blood pressure is not too low unless associated with symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue etc. On the reverse, ideal blood pressure is the lowest blood pressure tolerated. I have many patients with blood pressures in the 90s who are feeling absolutely great!

In brief: Low blood pressure
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Variable
Blood pressure is too low when it causes symptoms.
The rapidity of decline of BP is more important than the absolute number. Many healthy people feel fine with a pressure of 90/60. Some people may pass out if they go from 200/100 to 140/60 on standing. The lower the bp, the healthier if one is otherwise feeling okay.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Vicken Poochikian