What is the significance of paradoxical hypotension?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Difficult

This is a vague question.
If paradoxical hypotension is occurring during a stress test, it may mean significant coronary artery disease, for example. However, if it happens under other circumstances, I am not sure what it could mean. In general, this term is applied when hypotension is noted in response to something that should normally cause hypertension.

In brief: Difficult

This is a vague question.
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Sandeep Chandra
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Paradoxical hypotens

Usually it means that in circumstances when the blood pressure should go up - it in fact goes down.
Significance would relate to the circumstance under which the blood pressure went down.

In brief: Paradoxical hypotens

Dr. Sandeep Chandra
Dr. Sandeep Chandra