Is formula as nutritious as breast milk?

No. In almost all cases, breastmilk is best. Baby humans are made to drink human milk. Formulas do a good job of imitating breastmilk. In a few cases, a mom's milk may have some unusual imbalance of ingredients (for example, not enough fat, or more salt than usual), or a mom may be on a medication that gets into her milk and is harmful to babies. In these cases, formula would be more "nutritious".
No. Formula is a close second to breast milk. There are many nutrients in breast milk that can not be "copied" and each mom's breast milk is ideally suited for her baby. Approved infant formulas do contain all the known nutrients that a baby needs to grow and stay healthy and should be used for the first year when breast milk can not be used.