Is idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis for ablations safe?

Dr. Alon Gitig
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Find the right dr
I believe you're referring to alcohol septal ablation, where alcohol is instilled into coronary artery to kill muscle that, due to genetic disease, has grown out of control.
The procedure has a steep learning curve, with a fine line between achieving the desired result and damaging adjacent healthy tissue. An experienced physician is crucial--ballpark figure is at least 100-200 prior procedures.

In brief: Find the right dr
Dr. Alon Gitig
Dr. Alon Gitig
Dr. Matthew Cooper
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: IHSS
Are you asking about septal alcohol ablation for the obstructive component of ihss or ablation of abnormal rhythms? Both procedures are commonly performed.
Their appropriateness for you is something to be discussed with your doctors.

In brief: IHSS
Dr. Matthew Cooper
Dr. Matthew Cooper
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology