Why could my systolic pressure change, but not my diastolic pressure?

Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Both can
But your systolic blood pressure can vary more based on your activity, stress, and the volume of fluid in your vessels.

In brief: Both can
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: They are different
Some patients have both a high systolic and diastolic blood pressure, but either can be elevated with the other being normal.
The systolic pressure many times tends to be somewhat more variable and more affected by anxiety. Certain conditions such as a leaking of the aortic valve tend to elevate one (in that case the systolic) more than the other.

In brief: They are different
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Vicken Poochikian