Why could my systolic pressure change, but not my diastolic pressure?

Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Both can

But your systolic blood pressure can vary more based on your activity, stress, and the volume of fluid in your vessels.

In brief: Both can

Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: They are different

Some patients have both a high systolic and diastolic blood pressure, but either can be elevated with the other being normal.
The systolic pressure many times tends to be somewhat more variable and more affected by anxiety. Certain conditions such as a leaking of the aortic valve tend to elevate one (in that case the systolic) more than the other.

In brief: They are different

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Arnon Rubin