What is high blood pressure and what is low blood pressure?

Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Some people tolerate

"higher" #'s & others "lower" #'s.
I've always thought normal was about 90-110/60-70.. Major organizations use different #'s, go to american heart association to see what they say (which i disagree with). www.thepmc.org.

In brief: Some people tolerate

"higher" #'s & others "lower" #'s.
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Clarence Grim
To diagnose high blood pressure one needs to have the most accurate device that can be found. This is still a BP taken by a trained human listening to the BP and using a calibrated manometer. i never trust an automated device for my patient unless i can validate it as accurate by auscultation. So never Dx HTN with a device shown in this photo
Dr. Stephen L Roth

In brief: Pathophysiologic

There are averages and no absolutely fixed blood pressure numbers.
Whether a blood pressure is too high or low derpends on the health of the individual and what is occurring medically at the time the blood pressure is checked.

In brief: Pathophysiologic

Dr. Stephen L Roth
Dr. Stephen L Roth
Dr. Arnon Rubin