How do I wean my baby?

In brief: Whatever works
Most breastfeeding moms find that making a plan of cutting down one breastfeeding session each week or two until you are left with the one feeding that seems to be most important for the baby's overall day/well-being works best.
Cut out this feeding last.

In brief: Whatever works
Cut out this feeding last.
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Michael Coogan
In brief: Gradually ;)
You will notice that between 6 and 12 months, as your baby eats more solid food per meal, s/he will probably spend less time sucking (presuming that you feed solids first then offer milk after the meal) and s/he will wean her/himself.
You can introduce a cup between 6-9 months and quit breast/bottle sometime between 9-12 months.

In brief: Gradually ;)
Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Jonathan Jassey