How can I stop high blood pressure?

Lifestyle & medicine. See your doctor! You need to have a doctor evaluate your blood pressure first. Stop smoking, increase exercise (starting with what you are healthy enough to do), and follow your doctor's instructions with regards to the above and the prescribed medication. Controlling blood pressure is one of the smartest things you can do to improve your health.
Lifestyle changes. Try lifestyle changes first: - don't smoke cigarettes or use any tobacco product. - lose weight if you're overweight. - exercise regularly. - eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and is low in fat. - limit your sodium, alcohol and caffeine intake. - try relaxation techniques or biofeedback.