How can I raise my diastolic pressure?

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Why would you?

A low diastolic blood pressure could be due to leaking of the aortic valve or other problems so finding the cause is important.
If you feel well, a low pressure, diastolic or systolic, may not be a bad thing. People with relatively low blood pressure live longer. And, how low are you talking about?

In brief: Why would you?

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Pathology

In brief: Why do you ask?

If you feel well, low diastolic pressure is almost never a problem. The one exception is a leaky aortic valve.
You would have been told.

In brief: Why do you ask?

You would have been told.
Dr. Louis Grenzer
I agree with Dr. Friedlander, sort of.
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Why

Please provide more information, normal diastolic pressures are between 60-80, diastolic BP is low in certain heart and medical conditions, are you having any symptoms and what is your blood blood pressure & medical problems if any?

In brief: Why

Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa