How do I lower my LDL and raise my hdl?

Diet & exercise. Moderate exercise (about 30 minutes 5 times a week) reduces LDL cholesterol and raises HDL cholesterol. Smoking can lower HDL levels, so stop smoking if you do. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean sources of protein. Include monounsaturated fats in your diet- olive oil/canola oil. Moderate consumption of alcohol may also positively impact HDL levels. 1 glass of wine a day.
Various ways. There are several ways to improve your lipid profile. Lowering LDL can be accomplished by dietary changes. There are also several plant/yeast derived natural products that also help reduce ldl. Medicines such as statins are potent at reducing LDL and some can raise hdl. Exercise both lowers LDL and raises hdl. If you smoke, stopping smoking also can lower LDL and raise hdl.
Focus on one first. Bringing down LDL is more important and focus on correcting this first and HDL later - LDL can be corrected by vitamin E and correcting thyroid functions. Once this is corrected use carnitine to bring HDL up.