How quickly can I wean my baby?

In brief: Depends

Three typical approaches: cold turkey, you just stop, bind yourself & you & baby are miserable for a week.
Substitution, you drop 1-2 feeds every other day or so, supply slows, you wean in a couple weeks. Short feed, you use baby to start flow until soft but interrupt baby & supplement every feed.This slows milk production & the wean is more comfortable but may take 2 or more wks.

In brief: Depends

In brief: Over weeks is best

Weaning over weeks will best allow your body to adjust with minimal discomfort and enable your baby to make the transition easier.

In brief: Over weeks is best

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Shontae Buffington