What can I expect when I am on bed rest?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Just that

You want to limit yourself when it comes to major physical activities, so bed rest is bed rest.
Try not to get bored, but you need to listen to the dr. And stay restful for you health and possibly the health of your baby if pregnant. Good luck.

In brief: Just that

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Angela Savatiel

In brief: Severe boredom

It is very hard to be on bedrest.
There is no good data to prove bedrest prevents preterm delivery but it is often prescribed. There is a helpful online support group - www.Sidelines.Org- that can help. Also be sure to ask your provider about leg exercises to do while on bedrest to prevent formation of blood clots in the deep veins of the legs.

In brief: Severe boredom

It is very hard to be on bedrest.
Dr. Angela Savatiel
Dr. Angela Savatiel