How do doctors diagnose coronary artery disease?

Several ways. It is suspected by the symptoms typically pain in the chest on exertion. An EKG can be done at rest or better still during exercise. Sometimes in addition some slightly radioactive material is injected and "pictures" are taken before and after the exercise. Dye can be injected directly into the coronary arteries to see if ane where they are blocked. Ct scans and mri's can also be used.
Tests. Ekg, stress tests, coronary angiography ? While calcium scores are suggestive do not confuse them with being diagnostic.