Do I need to go to a specialist if I am having twins?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: ABSOLUTELY!!!
Your should be followed by a board certified obgyn and a perinatologist, that is what I do with ever pt I have with twins, if you have twins you should not be followed by a midwife!

In brief: ABSOLUTELY!!!
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Caren Reaves
In brief: No
It depends on many factors including the experience of your doctor and the ability of your local hospitals to manage multiples.
Many docs are quite capable of managing twins and only referring to specialists for complications. Others are not so comfortable and prefer a specialist manage twin pregnancies. Have an open conversation with your provider.

In brief: No
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Jane Van Dis