What is the TPN energy ratio for CHF patients?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: ???
This question has been floating around for months.
I don't think anyone knows the answer! congratulations - you've won "stump the chumps!" i'm sure it's listed in a table somewhere but clearly, no one feels inclined to look it up. Why do you want to know ?

In brief: ???
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Depends
Energy ratio is an imprecise term. Maybe you mean the energy/nitrogen ( or protein) ratio.
As an estimate most patients need about 25 kcal/kg body wt /day and about 1-2 grams /kg /protein/ day. These numbers are estimates and vary based on how "stressed" a patient is. For example after surgery some patients need more calories. So the exact ratio varies. CHF affects fluid needs > calorie needs.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Adam Smith