What is the difference between systolic and diastolic heart failure and congestive heart failure?

Weak versus stiff. Congestive heart failure is a general term referring to when the heart is no longer available to pump blood effectively enough to support the needs of the body. Systolic failure is the more common situation where the heart pumps weakly, while diastolic failure refers to inability of the heart to relax and expand normally, as in the case of severe hypertrophy or muscular overgrowth.
Semnatics. Congestive heart failure is the congestion that ensues when the heart can not keep up with the demands of the tissues and fails to deliver adequate blood and nurtrients. This can be a result of a weakness in the contraction (systolic) or a stiffness in filling (disatolic) both can lead to congestion and heart failure.