What are the consequences of heart failure?

Multiple. The most common consequences of congestive heart failure or shortness of breath, lethargy, inability to exercise, and a shortened lifespan.
It is a consequence. Heart failure usually develops as a complication of various conditions. Other treatments for the underlying condition may be advised in certain cases. For example: Treatment to lower blood pressure Treatments to slow down the progression of CHD - for example, lowering a high cholesterol level. Surgery to replace or fix a heart valve may be done if a damaged heart valve is the cause of the heart.
CHF. Treatment depends on what the cause of the CHF is. Could be surgical, could be medical. Systolic CHF is different from diastolic CHF and valvar stenosis CHF is different from valvar insufficiency chf. Virtually all kinds have diuretic as part of the treatment.