How likely am I to panic while having a dobutamine stress test?

Dr. Imad Khreim
In brief: Possible
People suffering from panic disorder can develop panic attacks following triggers, people differ in their specific triggers.
Could be increased heart rate, could be nausea or any other physical symptom of anxiety. So, if palpitation and rapid heart beat is usually a trigger for your panic, then see your psychiatrist so he can prepare you for the test to alleviate the risk of triggering an attack.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. Bart Denys
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Panic stress test
My dearest.
..Probably not more likely than during any other test... Panick attacks are a personal response to a trigger, consciously or not. If you are well instructed/educated about the test, it should lower pre test anxiety. Understand that Dobutamine will increase heart rate and may be perceived as a "stronger" heart beat. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. Good luck! go for it :-).

In brief: Panic stress test
My dearest.
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Umesh Patel