Can you please define implantation bleeding?

Dr. Scott Kramer
Gynecology
In brief: Placenta implant
When the placenta implants into the inside lining of the uterus it's like a plant growing roots.
Maternal blood can leak out during this process and scare women that they may be having a miscarriage. 1st trimester bleeding occurs commonly in 25% of pregnancies, but only results in miscarriage in about half of theses cases. A visit to your OB and a pelvic sonogram is the evaluation needed.

In brief: Placenta implant
Dr. Scott Kramer
Dr. Scott Kramer
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: I'd ignore it
'implantation bleeding' is subtle and unpredictable, if it can be interpreted at all.
Internet gossip vastly over-emphasizes the idea of 'implantation bleeding.' implantation always happens 6-7 days after fertilization, so that's the only time you could see it.

In brief: I'd ignore it
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore