Why could my heart hurt?

Emotion and physical. The heart is an 'emotional' organ -- you can have chest pain because a part of the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen -- but you can also feel chest pain with a broken heart probably because the heart is strained with emotional burden and yet no one knows for sure of the mechanism of 'broken heart' syndrome -.
Heart pain. The heart doesn't have pain receptors so your heart doesn't hurt. When heart problems are present symptoms are produced by cardiac dysfunction causing physiologic changes. If you are having chest pain, it could be secondary to the heart but there are many other possibilities other than the heart.