Does anyone know a person who had a cardioversion for atrial fibrillation?

Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: I do

We perform cardioversions as an absolutely routine part of our practice in cardiac electrophysiology.
It is a safe and well-tolerated procedure which can restore normal rhythm for many patients.

In brief: I do

Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner
Dr. Ankush Bansal

Cardioversion is used in some patients with atrial fibrillation in an attempt to return to sinus rhythm (the normal rhythm).
This is usually done in newly confirmed diagnoses of afib. Before elective cardioversion, the doctor also needs to be sure there is no clot already present in the heart. If converted to sinus, long-term Coumadin (warfarin) may not be necessary. It is needed for a short period however.

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Umesh Patel