How does someone know what hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is caused by?

Broad topic. Hypertroph cardiomyopathy is a unusally thick heart and as a result makes it stiff and non compliant.. These pts also have trouble with salt and water as it can cause heart failure..Some pts were born with this and it runs in familys. Family should be screened. Secondary causes are uncontrolled BP over long periods of time.And aortic stenosis .
Often inherited. Hcm is an autosomal dominant disorder which means it'sinherited from parents without gender prediliction. This is, however, variable and some cases do not run in families. A careful family history, however, will often supply clues to an otherwise unsuspected familial trend such as "uncle so and so died unexpectedly or had heart failure at a young age and the cause was never determined.".