I need a meningitis shot for college, but my shot records states that I have a meningococcal vaccine. I did a little research when i sent my shot records off and the school stated they were still missing my meningitis shot. Would the "meningococcal vaccin

Dr. Keith Ramsey
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: Need 2 shots

You need a second shot (booster) to the Meningococcal vaccine at 16-17 years, unless you were 16 or older when you got the first dose.
If you are 18 or older, then you are too old for the booster. There are some colleges having outbreaks of meningitis, but they are usually providing a different Meningococcal vaccine than the one you would have had.

In brief: Need 2 shots

Dr. Keith Ramsey
Dr. Keith Ramsey
Dr. G Funari
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Menactra,

Menactra, Menomune and menveo, are Meningococcal vaccines, give to patients age 11 and up to protect against neisseria meningitidis, one of the causes of meningitis.
Meningitis can also be caused by viruses. This typically should suffice for your college.

In brief: Menactra,

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari