My cold sore is scabbed up, but i picked at it and it bled. I forgot to wash my hannds, and then touched my boyfriends penis. The cold sore isn't a lump anymore, its even with my lip and all thats left is a scab.

In brief: May/not be a problem

Cold sores (herpes) can be spread through contact the way you described.
It is hard to know whether you had active virus in the scab or not, but the germ occasionally sheds even if you have no sore. Your BF can contact his doc & see if he has a preference on how to handle such an event. If he already has genital herpes it may not be a problem.

In brief: May/not be a problem

Dr. G Funari
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: The

The risk of transmission of the herpes virus can occur at any time, even when you are not symptomatic (asymptomatic transmission).
Your boyfriend should wash himself completely and discuss the situation with his doctor. Transmission of the virus can occur by both direct and indirect (touching something that you touched) contact.

In brief: The

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham