I've decided to look into invisalign in order to close small gaps in between my top four front teeth. I've been told my gaps are caused by pressure from my bottom teeth. I am 24-years old. Approximately how long will invisalign take to close my small gaps

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: See orthodontist

no one will be able to really give you any reasonable estimate without an examination.
You should see an orthodontist for a free consult.

In brief: See orthodontist

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Steven Hart
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: It depends

If the lower teeth contact your upper teeth when you close they will prevent the upper teeth from closing.
There must be room to retract the upper teeth for the space closure to occur. A complete analysis will give you the specific time frame necessary. Additionally these space will want to reopen at the completion of the treatment so proper long term retention is also a key to success.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Steven Hart
Dr. Steven Hart
Dr. Arman Roksar
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Need photos

I am sorry, but it is impossible to answer your questions properly.
A clinical exam and photos is needed.

In brief: Need photos

A clinical exam and photos is needed.
Dr. Arman Roksar
Dr. Arman Roksar
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ask your doctor

Treatment times are completely variable dependent upon your individual needs.
There is no way someone can provide a specific answer without a complete examination of your situation. Contact a licensed orthodontic specialist to get their opinion.

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dr. G Funari
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Without

Without a complete evaluation, including exam, xrays and models to determine the severity of you malocclusion, it is impossible to determine your treatment needs and how long it will take.
Treatment could take several months to several years. Your orthodontist will be able to determine if invisalign can correct your malocclusion and how long it will take.

In brief: Without

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Be careful

If bottom teeth touch your top teeth when you close, and you have spaces between top teeth, closing the spaces will cause crowding of the bottom teeth.
Do you have space because of a tooth-size discrepancy, missing back teeth, protrusion, loss of bone support, etc? Please make sure you see a qualified orthodontic specialist to evaluate your malocclusion and present the best treatment options.

In brief: Be careful

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Closing

Closing spaces can be accomplished in more than one way.
Invisalign may be a nice option, however, sometimes it is not the best choice to pull the lower teeth back to accomodate closing the upper teeth. It is for this reason that many orthodontic cases are completed and still have small gaps on the upper teeth. These teeth are often best treated by small bonding. Othertimes, if the orthodontist cannot close the spaces with invisalign they can sometimes move the front six teeth together and then bond the back of the cuspids. Hopefully, invisalign can help you. As for time, that is a tough one without seeing your teeth and bite.

In brief: Closing

Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Jean Edderai
Dentistry

In brief: It

It is very difficult to determine the length of your treatment without looking at you or your photos.
If you only have four front teeth involved to close your gaps, upper and lower arches need to be addressed, the lower arch to create the space for the upper arch to close with a proper occlusion. I could give you a subjective answer of approximately 12 to 18 months. For best maintained results retainers will be needed all day for 6 months and indefinitely at night. Good luck!

In brief: It

Dr. Jean Edderai
Dr. Jean Edderai
Dr. Arnold Malerman
I concur with most of what you said. I do have a retention comment. As it takes the trans-septal and circular fibers of the periodontal ligament at least 9 months to readapt after tooth movement, I usually recommend one full year of full-time retainer wear, followed by night-time wear for as long as the patient wants their teeth to stay straight. As we all have a whole new skeleton every 7-8 years, aggressive retention is recommended.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela