Will i need to remove my fake eyelashes before a blepharoplasty? I get eyelash extensions every two weeks. Even my eye doctor thinks they are real. Should I have them removed before a blepharoplasty? .

Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Blepahroplasty

If they are extensions you don't have to remove them but if they are the standard fake lashes glued to the eyelid skin then they need to be removed.

In brief: Blepahroplasty

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. James Ridgway
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: If

If your are referencing the eyelash extensions that are on each individual hair - this should not be an issue.
It is reasonable to let your physician know that you have them, but having them will not negatively impact your procedure. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.

In brief: If

Dr. James Ridgway
Dr. James Ridgway
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: It

It should be okay to leave the extensions on for your blepharoplasty.
You should ask your surgeon first to make sure, though.

In brief: It

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Robert Strimling
Dermatology

In brief: This

This is no problem for me, but please let your treating surgeon know.

In brief: This

Dr. Robert Strimling
Dr. Robert Strimling
Dr. Richard Fleming
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I do not ask patients to remove eyelash extensions before their blepharoplasty surgery.
Long lashes are common today with the use of extensions and the increased popularity of latisse (bimatoprost).

In brief: I

Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine